Mastery of Subject Matter Review 2 provides evidence for my 2nd re-appointment review (Feb. 1, 2014- Sept 15, 2015).
Click Here to View Reappointment Decision Issued December 2015: review Dec 2015
I. Formal Preparation:
PhD in Social Policy May 2013
Lurie Fellow in Disability Policy Brandeis University, Heller School for Social Policy and Management
M.A. in Social Policy May 2010
Brandeis University, Heller School for Social Policy and Management
Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study in Special Education May 2008
University of Maine
Certificate in Brain Research in Education June 2006
University of Washington
M.Ed in Special Education August 1986
Concentration: Students with Severe and Multiple Disabilities
University of Maine
B.S. in Elementary Education June 1985
2. Post doc: N/A
3. Licenses, honors, awards:
(a) Received the Daring to Dream Award for Social Change from the Center for Community Inclusion and Disability Studies at the University of Maine. June 18, 2015. The 1st photo shows me accepting the award, the 2nd is a description of the awardees from the UMaine press release.
(b) I was invited to host the Living Room exhibit at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston MA on June 19, 2015. I was invited for non-scholarly reasons but I used the experience to create an article for Review of Disability Studies. Publication information is included under “Scholarly Ability” and you can click here to view a pdf of my article: Timberl RDS Editorial sept2015
More information about the exhibit can be found here: Living Room Project
- I was invited to collaborate on a federally funded research project submitted by a colleague at Marist College. Click here to see my letter of support using the template provided by the Lead Investigator: Timberl ProjectCore
- Click here to view the American Educational Research Association’s Disability Studies Interest Group newsletter. My conference session is listed on p. 11 and my recent publications on p. 15. AERA newsletter
- Presented sandwich seminar at SUNY Cortland with Dr. Bentley in April 2015.
- Invited Reviewer for academic journals (from most recent)
(ii) Maternal and Child Health Journal June 2014. Click here to view the editor’s request for my review: MCHJ invite
(iii) Journal of Policy and Practice in Intellectual Disabilities May 2014 . Click here to view the editor’s request for my review Review Invite JIPPD
(iv) Review of Disability Studies April 2014. Click here to view the editor’s invite: RDS invite
(c) Reviewer for AERA conference papers (American Educational Research Association) Disability Studies SIG, and the the Special Education SIG.
Click here for invite 2015 invite 2015 Sp Ed SIG
Click here for evidence of 2016 conference invites & reviews: AERA
(d) I serve as an Associate Editor for a peer-reviewed academic journal. Click here to see a profile of the editorial board: Associate Editor for Creative Works
Click here for evidence of editorial responsibilities: RDS Associate Editor
6. Previous letters of review and reappointment. Click here to view Letters from previous reappointment.